Thursday, July 17, 2014

So Much to tell you.....

I know, I know, I have been really bad at keeping this blog up to date!  Well I have been living life and sometimes I just don't feel like writing!  :)

Since the last post I have had 2 chemo treatments and have been to Europe.  It has been a whirlwind of activity and now things are very quiet.

Just before leaving for France I was admitted to hospital on June 2nd for chemo.  I was given Cisplatin for at least 6 hours and prior to this I had 24 hours of pre treatment which consists of steroids, benedry, and cingulaire.  Because of my tendency of reacting to platinum drugs I need to be medicated to the hilt to receive chemo.  All went well and I had no reaction!  Thank goodness!  On June 4th I was released from hospital and went home to get ready for our June 6th flight to Paris!  Let me tell you my health was not the best.  After chemo I get some wicked headaches due to all the drugs and I generally feel poorly.

On June 6th we left for Paris and the flight was not comfortable at all for me.  After paracentesis the belly is tender and I still had some bloating which is uncomfortable.  My bowels are not at their best (to say the least) and I just was not feeling well.  However, we march on and try not to think about these things while on vacation!  We are in Paris! And what a great city it is!
The Iconic Eiffel Tower
From Arc de Triomphe
Arc de Triomphe

Notre Dame

Family members in Paris.  My Mom's Aunt and her family.




We met up with our friends, Jill and Michael.  We spent the rest of the week together in Paris and then moved on to Avignon in the south of France.

No comments:

Post a Comment