Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Clinical Trial Hopeful

Well I am back on track to enter the clinical trial I described back in October 2014.  Now that the Taxol is less than effective the disease seems to be active and is clearly visible on the CT Scan.  As I mentioned before there is also ascites.  I've already had one paracentesis and they removed 3.25 litres of fluid (Feb 27).  Of course the fluid doesn't not stop building up unless there is some chemo treatment or something.

My appointment this past Monday (Mar 2nd) at Princess Margaret confirmed the active disease and the need to get me into that clinical trial as soon as possible.  I have a date for a biopsy (Mar 17).  This is one of the criteria of the trial and other diagnostics that have to take place before treatment can begin.  So I have a bit of time to nip down to Florida and visit with my Mom and Uncle and Aunt.  Franca is also going and I will be grateful for a bit of warmth and sunshine.
Hopefully I will be starting my trial treatment on March 25th.  It will be a start to a new journey!

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy toasting your toes in Florida, Olga. Then bring on Mar. 25 to start the new trial!

    Kathy H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love FLA. Bring back some warm weather. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete