Thursday, July 5, 2012

2nd Chemo Treatment



View of front of hospital from my chair

July 4th was the day of my second treatment.  Arrived at hospital @ 8:20 a.m. hoping they would be able to use my brand new Port a Cath.  I was fortunate to obtain a fine location this morning.  I got the corner chair with windows on both sides.  A prime location in the Chemo Lounge!

They did access the Port a Cath and chemo and all my other meds were administered in this manner.  Much better than an IV line.  I cannot feel the device and only a bump is visible right above my right breast.  Usually covered by clothing so no one knows.  When accessing the device I have better mobility and I can use both my hands easily not that I really need them.  As you know I spend most of my time sleeping druing chemo treatment.  I woke up around 12 noon to eat my lunch and forced myself to stay awake until I was finished but I know I dozed off.  Left around 2:00 pm.  It is a great feeling to leave the Chemo Lounge.

No comments:

Post a Comment