Wednesday, July 25, 2012

July is sooooo hot....... but I am not complaining!!

How many times have you heard this?  Shouldn't complain but it seems our air con runs most days nonstop.  Wait til that electric bill comes in.....!   In addition we have a watering ban for the lawn etc.  So watering the flower pots and gardens in this heat is a must for everyday and sometimes twice!   This year I have zucchini, beans cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, and a variety of herbs.  Even trying to grow eggplant.  Not sure how this will do!  How is your garden growing?

In my last post and, I know, it was sooooo long ago..... I had a bone scan. The good news is that there is no cancer in my bones! This is very good news. And just yesterday when I met with my oncologist she tells me that the CA 125 count is at around 450. This is positive as well because it is going in the right direction - down. When we started this whole process it was very high at 701. Normal is thought to be 35 so we have a long way to go. She indicated that we may have to add 2 more chemo treatments to the orignal 6. Also, at some point she will throw in a CT Scan in order to see the progression.

On July 19th David and I went to Toronto to the Art Gallery of  Ontario to view the Picasso exhibit. We were guests of Pat (my brother) and Suzanne. We met up with David's sister, Elaine. It was a fabulous exhibit. This collection was Picasso's personal works that he kept for himself. If you get a chance go and see it. It runs until August.

I don't think I have told you that Franca is visiting from New York.  She arrived this past Saturday (21st)!  We are so glad to see her and to be able to hang out in this great weather.

On Sunday Mom hosted a family gathering and it turned out to be a very hot and humid day.  Many sought refuge in the air con but some remained outdoors in any shade that could be found.  I think it was about 39 C with humidex or 100 fahrenheit for those of you in the U.S.  Franca does not relate to F. at all anymore.  I shake my head at the American influence to her Canadian sensibilities.  It gives me much fodder for teasing!!

Here are some pictures from Sunday.  I changed to a scarf  because I could not stand to have a synthetic wig on my head any longer.  So hot.... did I tell you it was hot....!!!

Dad and I (this chair makes by butt look huge....)

Dad and I

David and Suzanne

Franca and Jen

Franca, Uncle Marty and Michael

Pat and Suzanne in background

Michael and Pat
Hope you are enjoying your summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment