Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Appointment in London at Victoria Hospital

Appointment with Dr. Bertrand on Tuesday, November 2nd went very well.  She is quite pleased with the results from the first 2 chemo treatments.  The tumour is smaller and the ascites is all gone.  Did I tell you I can fit into my jeans again?  Yay!

We discussed the surgery which is tentatively scheduled for Thursday, December 8th.  It will be performed approximately 4 weeks after my 3rd chemo treatment which has, unfortunately, not been scheduled yet.  My normal date would have been November 11th but this is Rememberance Day and the Chemo Lounge is closed.  So they are rejigging the schedule and I hope to hear that my appointment will be either the 10th or 12th of November. 

The surgery consists of a total hysterectomy and removal of the omentum.  Sounds extensive and it is....  Here is a link if you are interested in the details. 

On the one hand I am very glad to hear that the chemo is doing its job and then on the other hand I am not looking forward to the surgery.  But who would be?  Best to learn those relaxation techniques and take care of myself to be as strong as physically possible to recover from the surgery.

5 comments:

  1. Olga - I'm happy that the swelling is down and you are walking. Yes surgery - that curse and blessing. Keep us posted on the actual date. Love Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olga, fantastic to hear your feeling better and that the chemo is working! Hoping this will all be over soon and things will be back to normal...the jeans are definitely a GREAT start! Lots of hugs and kisses...virtual ones of course since my little monkeys are germ factories ;) Stiff upper lip and all that jazz!
    Love Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jill! Will let you know about the date. See you later!

    Olga

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Steph! Hope those monkeys are enjoying the snow this morning or did you guys not get any? Our ground is covered and it is currently snowing this morning. I am sure it will be gone within hours. Say hi to Tim!

    Olga

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear you are doing well and that the chemo is doing it's job.
    Enjoy your visit with Franca and John. I know Franca was really looking forward to seeing all of you.l

    ReplyDelete