Sunday, November 7, 2010

Weekend November 6th and 7th

Went to Yoga class on Saturday morning.  What a great morning!  The sun was shining although it was quite cool.  I am enjoying this class and although I have done yoga before, this time it is more meaningful for me somehow.  It's a small class of usually 8 to 10 women and our instructor is a gentleman in his late 60's, I would guess.  The yoga routine focuses on deep breathing, relaxation and gentle moves/holds for the entire body.  Out instructor has made a DVD and I think I might buy a copy for my parents. 

David and I had a lovely visit from Elaine, Amanda and Katrina on Saturday afternoon.  Elaine brought a few books to help me pass the time.  Dylan has already picked one up and started reading it.

Franca and John arrived at Mom's house around 9:30 pm on Saturday night.  They had a later start but no matter.  They arrived safe and sound and we had dinner waiting for them.  It's great to see them and we look forward to the next few days.  Unfortunately, they have to go next Friday which is my next chemo appointment.  Franca had hoped to come to the Chemo Lounge with me but it looks like they will be on the road.  No matter we will have plenty of time to do other things together!

On Sunday we had some visitors from Toronto - Lillian and Pino.  Since hearing about my condition and that Franca was in town they made the trip to Waterloo for a visit.  It was great to see them - it has been several years.  Lillian had breast cancer a few years ago so she can relate to my experiences.  Sometimes it is helpful to discuss things with someone who has been there.

No comments:

Post a Comment