Friday, October 22, 2010

2nd Chemo Treatment

Wednesday's visit to the hospital for blood work and consultation with Dr. Califaretti went very well.  All the blood counts were normal.  Some issue with the liver but she expects this as the liver is working very hard.  Will get back to normal after treatment ends.  Oh and I have lost about 10 pounds.  This is mostly from the fluid in the abdomen (ascites) and maybe some of my own weight due to a lack of appetite.

So the next day on Thursday I had my 2nd chemo treatment.  This time around it went much smoother.  My pre-meds contained additonal drugs to counter the effect of the benedryl and hydrocoritsone to counteract the effects of the Taxol from the last time.  The effect on me is that I slept much of the time I was there.  Sometimes the nurse had to wake me to check my vitals.  I was very drowsy. 

Corina and David were with me in the morning and it was a good thing they had books to pass the time.  Mom came in the afternoon and I remember waking long enough to say hello and then passed out.  Before long it was 3:00 pm and Mom was gone and David was back.  I wasn't awake when Mom left.  It was time to leave but I had to fully wake up first.

Today is Friday I feel good and energetic.  Did some email, housework and cooking. This was a similiar experience last time as well.  But what will the weekend bring ?  I sort of crashed the last time.  We shall have to see.  Oh the hair thing....this morning so much fell out during my shower I had bald spots so I asked David to shear off the remainder at 1/4 inch.  Much better.  And no I am not going to show you any pictures.  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment