Saturday, October 2, 2010

Day 2 & 3 after Chemo

Much of the weekend was spent on the couch.  Side effects are kicking in.  Fatigue, muscle and joint pains, etc. My head is aching but I cannot take anything.  Can't call in to my nurse coordinator because it is the weekend.  I am sure I can take some tylenol but don't want to yet.  I will persevere.

I will spare you the details regarding constipation.  My tastes buds are rebelling.  Many things just taste lousy and flavourless.  But I need to eat and make sure I have small snacks throughout the day.  Don't forget to drink lots of fluids but no booze.  Liver is already working overtime without booze.

Second day on the couch.  Mostly experiencing muscle ache and pain in my lower abdomen.  Had headache yesterday but this doesn't seem to be an issue today.  Appetite is off and every thing tastes lousy.  They warned me about this.....  mostly a metallic taste.  Even water.

No comments:

Post a Comment