Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Thanksgiving Weekend!

 Hope everyone had a great weekend!  For my American family, our Canadian Thanksgiving Day fell on Columbus Day this year.  This does not happen every year.  It reminds me of the time my Mother and I went to visit Franca in NY on the Thanksgiving weekend in 2007.  At that time it was also Columbus Day.  Every year NYC has a Columbus Day parade down 5th Avenue.  Franca's husband is John Sullivan and he works for the Corrections Dept in NYC.  Corrections and the Corrections family always marches in this parade so my mother and I did as well. It was an exciting day!

Mom and I and John
Only picture I could find with Franca (white shirt)


5th Ave. looking south.  See the Empire State Building!
5th Ave. looking north
Our Thanksgiving weekend at home was quiet.  Lots of football on TV.  David likes to watch college ball on Saturdays.  I don't care too much.  I prefer NFL but am not glued to the TV for 3 hours straight.....Just enough to see the good plays.  What is with the Bills?  Disgraceful!

Unfortunately, we had to miss Elaine's (David's sister) dinner on Saturday.  The long car ride is just too uncomfortable for me right now.  She lives in Toronto and it is an hour away.  Hope a good time was had by all!

David prepared a great turkey dinner on Sunday.  I tried supervising but was shooed out of the kitchen a lot.  Mom and Dad came over and helped David get dinner on the table.  The crazy thing..... no one snapped a picture.  With all the phones in the room with a camera!  We were hungry I guess!  



No comments:

Post a Comment