Friday, October 22, 2010

Look Good Feel Better

Mom and I attended a 'Look Good Feel Better' workshop this past week on Tuesday, October 19th.  This was a great experience.  Every person in cancer treatment were teamed up with a cosmetician and a box full of cosmetics and toiletries.  I think this was worth about $300.  It was just like Christmas.

These items are all donated by the  CANADIAN COSMETIC, TOILETRY AND FRAGRANCE ASSOCIATION FOUNDATION.  The products are name brand items like Estee Lauder, Yves Rocher, L'Oreal, Mary Kay, Avon, Clairins, etc.  You get the idea.

The instructor described the process of facial care and then make up application.  All the instruction is based on our condition such as no matter what skin type you were before treatment you are now 'dry and sensitive.'  I have noticed this but thought it was welcome change from my oily skin. 

Our cosmetician would then show us how to apply all various creams and lotions and potions in a clean and sanitary manner.  How many of you stick your fingers into a jar of face cream?  All too many of us I am sure.  Should use a small plastic paddle.  How often do you wash your brushes?  Ha... I know you don't.  I don't very often.

Then we would apply the concealer, foundation, powder and eyemake up in a clean sanitary manner.  Much of this involved placing the damp type products on the back of your clean hand and applying with clean fingers.  With a foundation smooth out the product with a clean sponge.

Anyway lots of good clean fun.  And good advice.  There was also another woman who talked about buying wigs and how to fit them properly. 


Speaking of hair loss it is a lot like the leaves falling from a tree.... slowly first, then faster and all of a sudden there isn't one left on the tree.  I am about 3/4 of the way.  What a mess in the bathroom!

The ladies from work came to visit on Tuesday night.  I was looking good!  First time I've had makeup on for about a month which is so unlike me.  I am resolved to put on make up everyday even if I am not going anywhere.  You just feel better when you look in the mirror. 

A great Chinese dinner and some wine made the evening quite enjoyable.  Hope we can do it again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment