Tuesday, October 26, 2010

More news following chemo session 2

Throughout the weekend, I only had to deal with fatigue.  The Gabapentin painkiller that had been prescribed was doing a nice job.
On Saturday night, Pat and Suzanne visited for dinner.  We hadn't seen them in a few weeks so it was good to catch up and hear about their trip to the Netherlands and Germany.  We may hear from them more often now that Rob Ford has become Toronto's mayor!  

Also, thank you to Jill and Michael for dropping off the therapeutic goodies.

On Sunday, I felt pretty good and we had a nice visit in the afternoon with Katherine and Cam.

By Monday morning, my condition had worsened.  The Gabapentin wasn't doing its job and I had pain in my hands, lower legs and feet.  I called the hospital and they prescribed a new serious painkiller (Oxycodone).  It has taken away the pain, but it has its own side effects - such as feeling nauseous all the time.

I'll write again in a day or two when I feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment